SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bourbonlady

Pesky Little Lights that go out, may want to try this!

bourbonlady
15 years ago

I stopped at Hobby Lobby the other day and picked up one of the Light Keeper Pros, which ended up being on sale so it only cost me $10.

IMHO - WELL WORTH THE MONEY! One of my biggest problems is half a strand going out, which is NEVER the fuse. So what you do with this little thing-a-ma-jig is to pull out on of the bulbs in the "unlit" section. Stick the empty socket into this spot and then simply click the trigger several times until the section lights back up!

So far, it has salvaged half of my strands that were half out and on top of that, managed to salvage half the lights on a pre-lit tree that was completely out.

Now if the sticking the empty socket into the slot and clicking repeatedly doesn't solve your problem, they have several other steps to help you single out the problem.....I'm a bit lazy when it comes to that, and really don't care to sit there and pin-point the area, pull out the bulb, test it, replace it.....on and on. Plus, I've noticed that on the strands that it did not fix, every single bulb in the unlit section had a blackish ring around the bulb....sort of like when they burn out. That to me says electrical problem and probably just best to toss the strand.

So, for the strands that I have already saved this year that I would have had to run to Wally World to replace @ $2.50 a strand......I've not only paid for the $10.....I've made an additional $10 on top of that!

Just thought I would share!

Alex

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions