SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

how to finish tile/molding around window in shower what to do?

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

Hi Ya'll,

I'm back with my tiny 3rd floor guest bath and yet another issue.

So the window in the shower is not centered on the wall and for some reason our "guy' didn't discover this before he began tiling.

So there is a 2" space between the window and where the tile will end on one side and 2.5" on the other.

Originally I was going to simply use wood molding and use either marine paint or varnish to seal it and protect from moisture. The window is wood, not vinyl (perhaps not a great choice but its done)

so my guy wants to use carrera marble now to trim out the window since he can cut it different thicknesses on each side.

The floor is basketweave carrera with a black dot and the console sink will also have carrera marble top. but the tub front will have wooden wainscoting surround on the front... so I really wanted to pull that look up to the window.

As a solution I was wondering about using a baseboard molding with an outside bead in pvc to frame out the window since that could be cut to different width.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xj8/R-202089244/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

The bullnose tile is not wide enough to use on its own.

What suggestions does this great group have for me?

Here are some photos....

tiny 3rd floor guest bath under the eaves

Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)