SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccamomof123

Help with 7X8 bathroom layout

rebeccamomof123
10 years ago

Hello GWebbers! Since I had so much luck getting such great ideas on my kitchen remodel last winter, I thought I'd reach out once again for help with my bathroom too. We live in a 1950's cape cod style home with a 1/2 bath and laundry downstairs and only one full bathroom which is upstairs with the bedrooms. Given that it is our only full bathroom we need to make the most of it as a busy family of 5. The Bathroom is a perfectly symmetrical rectangle, 7 feet in width and 8 feet in length. The door is centered across the 7 foot wall in front, and a window is centered across the back wall, opposite the door. Currently the tub and single sink make up the right side wall, and the toilet is located on the wall opposite the tub/sink. We are open to the idea of a gut job so plumbing is moveable. I am in love with the idea of a small soaking tub and separate shower along one side then double sinks (did I mention this is our only upstairs bathroom for a family of 5!!??) and toilet along the other side. I've read that a standard shower is about 36" and a standard tub is about 5 feet which puts me right at my max of 8 feet in length but I could probably find a smaller tub. A girl can dream.... All ideas, tips and suggestions to best utilize this space are welcome!!! We are at the beginning stages so we're not committed to anything yet.
Here is my inspiration photo:

Traditional Bathroom by Melrose Interior Designers & Decorators Justine Sterling Design

Comments (20)