SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxiel_gw

old aluminum tree & lights

RoxieL
21 years ago

First, let me qualify this posting with:

1) I really don't know where to post this question

2) I know many people frown upon artificial trees & even more frown upon aluminum trees (please count me in both groups.)

For reasons I won't get into here, including a recent death in the family, DH & I are not feeling very "festive" this year. I did promise my mother I'd have some sort of a tree. I don't want to buy an artificial one as we normally have the tallest, real tree I can find (we have 25' ceilings in our living room) and it would be wasted money. I happened to remember I have the 1960's pom-pom aluminum tree (not one of those skimpy one's from the 50's) my parent had when I was a kid. I got it assembled (actually, it looks quite good and it's @35 years old, too!) but couldn't find the color wheel. NBD but then I remembered the reason the color wheel existed was that you weren't supposed to use lights on the trees. The heat from the lights could cause the aluminum tree to catch fire. So my question is... are today's lights advanced enough that they produce less heat than those of the 60's so that it is now safe to use them on aluminum trees????

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions