SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
awolfson_gw

Do not order plumbing from Baths From The Past!

awolfson
14 years ago

Their products have been featured in both TOH and BHG and are indeed very attractive. I put in an order for a console sink, drain, and faucet a few months ago. From the beginning the process was plagued by delays, mistakes, and defective products. The sink took 6 weeks longer than it was supposed to (okay, happens - I built in delay time). The faucet, when it finally came, turned out to be pieces from 2 differect faucets that did not fit together, causing me to miss an inspection (okay, happens - we all make mistakes). The drain, which was supposed to be chrome, had such a flimsy finish that it started flaking off the very first day and also didn't drain very well (now I'm starting to get annoyed). By the time the replacement for the defective drain came, the faucet had started leaking. I spoke to the owner several times and never even got a courtesy "sorry about that", and every time had to argue about whether the problem was in fact my fault somehow. I am out about $500 for the various trips by the plumber to install and uninstall their defective products and shipping fees to send them back, we'll see if they actually refund the purchase price without further argument. I wish I had seen a post before placing the order, it would have saved me a lot of time, energy and money! On the plus side, the sink is still working - knock wood...

Comment