SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Going towel barless in master suite? Please critique... (pic)

avesmor
13 years ago

Sorry this is so long, I'm "thinking out loud" and not editing my thoughts too well!

This will be the first time DH and I share a bathroom so I'm trying to accomodate an unprecedented number of towels. :) In making sure I had the walls, closets, etc. where I wanted I've put myself in a position where fitting towel bars is going to be a challenge! Well, we could fit them, but they'd have to be very narrow.

Here are my thoughts. If you would, please tell me if I'm missing something obvious. I'm attaching a rough sketch of our bathroom. Red dots are where I plan to have double hooks. Green dots are towel rings.

Counter-clockwise from top left: double vanity, wash closet, my WIC, shower, DH WIC, corner tub.

The wall perpindicular to the shower entry, shared with DH's WIC, seems the best location for towel holders. I have placed two double hooks there. We could maybe fit a narrow towel bar there (I think the wall is about 20"), but we use three towels between the two of us and I don't want a triple bar (including multi-bar towel warmers). But I want us both to have immediate access to our towels when we open the shower door.

Is there any practical reason why using a bar would be better than using a hook, or is it just aesthetic since you can nicely fold towels on a bar?

Wet towels get kinda scrunched out along the bar anyway, especially on a double (which I've always had, and always end up hanging the rear towel and draping the front towel across) or even triple bar, so I'm thinking there's not much drying advantage.

Any thoughts?

Comments (9)