SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaymielo_gw

Can someone lend some cabinet lead time perspective?

jaymielo
15 years ago

I have a question that is driving me nuts and I have no prior home building experience to answer it, so if you could all please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently sitting waiting on our cabinetry. I didn't place the cabinet order until the sheetrock was hung because I wanted to get exact measurements. However, after the sheetrock went up, things moved very quickly though taping, mud and site finished hardwood installation. My GC's normal SOP is to call in the trim carpenters next who install all the interior doors, trim, closets, stairs and cabinets. They are just finishing up and ready for cabinets, but they aren't complete and on site yet! Hence the issue.

Now my questions.

1. Is this the order you did things in?

2. Did your cabinets come much quicker than ours or is this a normal "lag"?

3. I hate "wasting" this time. Can I push anything ahead of the cabinet installation?

4. How much lead time did you have on your cabinets?

Thanks so much in advance for your input. I feel like I've made a rookie mistake here somehow, but I just can't figure out how you could measure after the drywall installation and get cabinets within a 2-3 weeks for the finish carpenters.

Comments (5)