SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olivesmom_gw

Anyone get a land loan recently? (found THE perfect lot!)

olivesmom
10 years ago

If anyone has gotten a land loan recently would you mind sharing the rate, terms, etc.

We finally found a wonderful lot, but unfortunately it is more than we can afford to pay for in cash. I know raw land loans aren't particularly easy to get in the first place and further complicating things is the fact that the parcel is roughly 14 acres. On top of that we have some credit issues to overcome. From what I can tell the large national banks are a no-go and I doubt that our local credit unions are going to be willing to lend to us. We may end up going with a private loan, but I'd like to find out what someone with decent credit is pays rate-wise to determine if a private loan is really worth it.

The property has been on the market for almost a year and had one (insignificant) price drop of 3%. The current owners purchased it three years ago and brought in utilities, had the CAD survey, installed the well, tested the soil{{gwi:807}} for septic, and got the septic design. The lot just needs the septic system installed and a propane tank brought in.

I have a feeling we may just have to wait a year or so until we can either qualify for the loan or pay cash. I would just hate to lose out on this particular lot. It has a wonderful view if Mt Rainier and the foothills. The orientation is perfect for the back if the house to face south. Also, there is a stream and a county owned trail runs along the property which makes for an easy 20 minute walk to town. It would be perfect for our family!

I'm obsessed with it, lol.

This post was edited by olivesmom on Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 19:03

Comments (26)