SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamghatten

House plans for simple ranch house?

pamghatten
9 years ago

Hi All,

I see some really large homes being built on this forum, I'm going the other way. Looking to downsize from a 20 acre farm with a 2500 sq. ft. house, to 5 acres with a 1500 sq. ft. house.

I'm more interested in a simple design. I've looked at some of the house plan sites online, and they all look the same. I like the outside of a 1950's ranch with a modern inside.

I want a simple roof line, I will have a metal roof since I'm tired of replacing shingled roofs. No vaulted ceilings, I have them now and it's a bear to heat those rooms in the winter. I'm outside Buffalo, NY ... so it gets cold.

I had a Realtor here over the weekend, he did the research, pulled comps, toured my property and gave me a value and list of things to do to list this house next spring/summer. So I need to get working on my plans to build my new house too. I'm thrilled he offered to board my 3 miniature donkeys after the sale of my house while the new one is being built. That was a major concern!

So where did you all find your house plans? Or do I need to find an architect? Any idea of what that will cost?

Any help would be welcome.

Pam

Comments (21)