SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabro14

Gingerbread house

gabro14
16 years ago

Hi all,

I have never posted in this forum, but I've been admiring everyone's GORGEOUS decorations.

I have a question for anyone who makes gingerbread houses. I just spent a little too much money on a pre-baked gingerbread house (it was about 40 dollars, but it is really big and very nice). Anyway, since there is just 2 of us on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, I wanted to do something nice on Christmas Eve...so I figured building and decorating a gingerbread house while listening to some great Christmas music would be lots of fun. I haven't decorated a GB house since I was a kid, so it's been quite a while.

My questions are:

1. For those who build/decorate GB houses, when do you normally do it? In other words, do you do it before Christmas to have the decoration, or do you do it on Christmas Eve/Day?

2. Since I spent so much money on it (or maybe it's not that much money...I'm not sure what they typically cost), what should I do with it after it's decorated? Should I leave it out until New Year's? Should I eat it?! (of course I wouldn't eat it until I took lots of pictures of it!)

If anyone recommends that I decorate the GB house before Christmas to have it as a decoration (I'm also having a Christmas party on the 22nd, so it would be nice to have the GB house as a decoration for the party), what should we do on Christmas eve if it's just the 2 of us?

Thanks everyone, and happy holidays!!

Gabi

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions