SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

What's wrong with my new monitor?

alisande
17 years ago

I just got a new LCD monitor, a Viewsonic Optiquest Q9. It arrived with the brightness and contrast set at 100%, and everything looked way too light and rather washed out. (The latter surprised me, since I thought too little contrast would cause that, not too much.) I've played with both setting, but can't get the screen to look right to me.

Right now the brightness is set at 64 and the contrast at 37. As I type this, the background looks more grey than white, and the words I'm typing are a little pale and a little fuzzy. If I up the brightness, the words get even paler.

On the MSNBC site, the text seems to be in two different colors, with the vertical strokes a reddish purple.

The monitor came with the color set at Native, and I kept it there after trying the other options.

I have the resolution set at 1024 x 768 because my vision isn't the best and I don't want everything to get too small. Is that part of the problem?

My other LCD monitor is a Dell, and the image is great. I don't think I've ever adjusted anything on it.

Thanks for your help!

Susan

Comments (3)