SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
obmezd_gw

Siding Color Help for my Little Half Cape Cottage

obmezd
12 years ago

Im looking for help with deciding a siding color for my little house im building. Im planning to use a chunky off white trim around doors and windows to make them look larger and really pop. The colors im currently toying with include a sage green/gray (Sherwin Williams Grassland or Techno Gray), a light slighly purply blue (Sherwin Williams Breathtaking) or a cream color (Sherwin Williams Crisp Linen.) I had originally wanted the cream but im afraid an off-white trim against the cream will just all meld together and I really dont want to go too colorful with the cream color as the house right below me is yellow. The roof is Ownens Corning Driftwood which some days looks gray and other days looks more brownish. The front door is considered teak but on anything but a super sunny bright day, it just looks mahogahny to me. Any help would much appreciated!

House Front - Everyone thinks the front is the most boring look but I actually like its simplicity.

Front - pre front door days but you can actually see the roof. In this picture, its definately having a gray day.

Front Door - not very "teakish" to me.

Side - I love my columns. My dad HATES them.

Back - with wrap around porch. The roof line is actually steeper then it appears in these pictures.

Walkout Basement Side - someday, there will be a stone fireplace going from the basement (between the french doors) and on up.

Comments (30)