SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

HELP!!! My sink is falling down off the granite

loves2cook4six
14 years ago

Our kitchen was finished in late 2007 - less than 2 years ago.

I was cleaning out the sink today and felt water dripping on my toes!!!!

The sink is separating from the granite counter top. In other words the glue or caulk or whatever hold it together is DISINTEGRATING

The granite company is theoretically out of business, but the phone is being answered by another company also working with granite and most of the people are the same. Seems like the head guy who did my cutting and templating is now the new owner. Don't know what happened to the original owner but I am going to try and find him.

I am worried the sink is going to come crashing down on the cabinet, garbage disposer and hot water tank

HELP!! How do I shore it up. What's the next step?

Its a silgranite sink and it's HEAVY.

I just got a call from the "new" company. They are going to fix it and they are going to be out here on Thursday morning to fix it. Originally it was going to be in two weeks but they changed their minds when I mentioned at that point they may also be buying me a new sink, GD and Hot water dispenser [[GRINN]]

So now I guess I need to know what to look for when they fix it? You know, to make sure they are doing it correctly.

Oh and the best... the receptionist told me the glue does weaken within a couple of years. Someone please tell me that's a load of hogwash or else I might do someone serious bodily harm for convincing me to get an undermount.

I've cross posted over in Kitchens as well.

So here's the seam separating

and this is what's holding it up on either side for now and hopefully it's enough

I put a HUGE cutting board over the sink to remind everyone not to use it. Thank goodness we can use the prep sink in the meantime.

Comments (4)