SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizpiz

VERY frustrated - pls help me buy appliances in Ontario

elizpiz
15 years ago

Hello fellow Canadian GW's...

Why oh why is it that good BASIC customer service doesn't exist anymore?? DH and I are on the verge of spending a lot of money on new appliances for our kitchen, and we've been dealing with Caplan's. It has been nothing but an exercise in frustration. Since our first visit in January, I have had to chase for every single bit of information, updates, etc., and usually by showing up at the store in person.

The last straw is this. We plan to buy a Turbo Chef double oven and had ordered a custom colour oven door sample (of course we had to call TC directly to get the information on the colours, how to order etc, after our sales rep at Caplan's kept telling us she couldn't get an answer from TC). Got an email from TC last Monday saying that the colour chip was being sent to Caplan's. After sending an email to my rep on Thursday, and calling the store on Friday, I STILL have not heard back from Caplan's. I'm sure this is an indication of the type of *non* service I will get once my appliances are ordered.

So, before I hand over a wad of cash to an uncaring appliance dealer, can someone here pls tell me about their good customer service experiences in Ontario?? We are looking at Liebherr, Blue Star, Turbo Chef, etc, so brands that are not necessarily carried everywhere.

HELP!

TIA Eliz

Comments (7)