SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Panel ready DW--European model better since it's flush--true?

julieste
9 years ago

I'm in the market for a replacement DW and am looking at Bosch, KA and Miele. I currently have just a regular-front KA, but I am thinking I want to put a panel on the new replacement. I just read this on the Yale Appliance blog, and, since this is a retrofit where the dishwasher is in a run of standard-depth cabinets, I am wondering if I should now eliminate the KA as a brand under consideration. (But, I do like the idea of the larger capacity KA, so that is a trade-off I would be making).

Do you agree with this statement from Yale? And, does anyone have any photos of a KA dishwasher with a panel installed in a row of cabinets? Thanks so much.

"European dishwashers will sit flush in a 24" deep cabinet. This is an attractive feature because the door will not protrude from the cabinets, if you are placing a panel on the front of your dishwasher in a 24" deep cabinet I would strongly advise that you choose a European model such as Bosch, Miele, Asko, Thermador, or Gaggenau so that the cabinet door will line up with your remaining cabinetry...........

American dishwashers have a large capacity. The door will protrude 2-3 inches from a 24" deep cabinet to accommodate a greater capacity than many American-style models, if you want to put a panel on your dishwasher, an American-style model will look best installed in an island or a deeper than 24" cabinet."

Comments? Thoughts? Thanks much.

Comments (9)