SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyjoyjoy_gw

Sigh. I need an inexpensive shower solution..

joyjoyjoy
13 years ago

Long story short. We remodeled our bathroom 3 years ago without did it without much planning ahead of time. (I literally came home one day to my husband smashing down walls). We had to buy things we could find locally and ended up buying a cheap shower and we already need to replace it. It took me awhile to even figure out the manufacturer and now that I know it there are all kinds of complaints about there being cracks in the floor. That is our problem too and today it went from a tiny hairline crack to a very big, water is definitely inside the base problem. My husband is CHEAP and just said to me. "I can't believe you want to replace the shower because there is a crack in the floor! Put some caulk on it!!"

We need a corner shower unit - not bigger than 34".. I am thinking of having the two walls and floor tiled then buying a new rounded glass wall/door - anything specific I should look for as far as quality goes? The cheaper the better but it needs to be done right this time. I wouldnt have to pay for labor - between my dad and two brothers I have a plumber, a tiler, and a jack of all trades...

Here is the current shower we have... any chance I could reuse the glass wall and door? Its still in very nice shape.. The floor is the only problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: crappy shower.

Comments (9)