SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
selenaski_gw

choosing a 30' double oven range (gas)

selenaski
12 years ago

I need help narrowing down my choices. Reviews are hard to find for almost all of these double oven ranges.

What I cook and a bit more information to help:

We are building a new home, but kitchen space is a a premium. I would love double wall ovens, but there is just no space. I have a small family, but love to cook and bake. There have been many times I would love an additional oven. I see my family using the smaller oven (on top) most because we usually cook small things. I also bake bread and sometime in large quantities. I do understand that the lower oven is very low to the ground, but figured it would be easy to deal with for the couple of times a year when I cook something really heavy. Plus I am still in my 20s, and this oven will probably be long gone by the time I am really concerned with bending over to get stuff. I am also not to concerned with resale value as this is the house we are planning on being in for a very long time.

Gas range is not negotiable. I suffered through electric coils and smooth top. I am not interested in induction at this point. I like fire. :)

I would like a 5 burner stove, with the griddle, or the oval burner, as I can always get a griddle for it. We make pancakes at least once a week.

I would like convection in the oven, not really sure which oven it should be in. My guess is having it in the larger oven makes more sense to move air around multiple cake rounds, a turkey or cookie sheets.

So with all of that these are the models I have narrowed down to:

Frigidaire Gallery Series FGGF304DLF

Maytag Gemini MGT8885XS

Whirlpool Gold GGG390LXS

KitchenAid Architect II KGRS505XSS

LG LDG3016ST

They are all in a similar price range (~$1500-1800 based on sales) and seem to be nearly equivalent in features, plus or minus a few minor things for each. What it comes down to is having a top choice based on reliability and good functioning. I have to turn in a list of top choices to my builder and hope their appliance guy can get what I want. Their standard is GE, which doesn't even make a double oven gas range (not the cafe, which only has a drawer)

As a side note, I have read (here) that the KA has a problem with self cleaning, but I never use that feature anyways, so that is not a hue concern of mine.

Now that you have read my novel and help or opinions would be great.

Comments (5)