SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mhagerty12345

My review of the KitchenAid Dishwasher model KUDS03CTSS-3

mhagerty
14 years ago

Hello everyone, Im following up my review of the FD Samsung fridge with my full review of the KitchenAid Dishwasher model KUDS03CTSS-3 (this model has been discontinued and replaced with model KUDS40CVSS).

Thank you Monica for motivating me to complete this review !

The Dishwasher

This dishwasher replaces a Bosch that came with the house we purchased 2 years ago and had been in the house for 8 years prior. The Bosch worked well however its major drawback was its capacity; it just did not have enough space. It cleaned well but not great and it was pretty noisy.

First, the appearance of the KitchenAid is very nice, really like to look and I like the handle. This model has the controls on the outside at the very top (not hidden). I choose this for a couple of reasons, first, itÂs just more convenient in my opinion and I had heard of problems with hidden controls due to moisture.

Cycles and Options

This dishwasher has 4 cycles with 6 options (listed below). I have used almost all of the cycles and all work as advertised. This machine cleans better then the Bosch by a good amount. Everything comes out clean and dry, except for plastic but even that comes out much drier than the Bosch. The cycle I use the most is the heavy duty, hi temp scrub and heat dry.

I do not pre-rinse anything before it goes in, I only do a quick scrape down in the trash. Because the dishwasher has a built-in food disposer it seems to take care of the bits of food which works out well.

I have also used the pro-scrub cycle and it does work but you can only fit a couple of extra dirty pots/pans next to each other to take advantage of the option, but itÂs nice to have.

This machine is energy-star rated but with the cycle I use the most I am not taking advantage of that benefit, a fair trade for clean and dry dishes.

Sound

They list the dishwasher at 52 DBA and it is pretty quiet, much quieter than the Bosch but it is not silent. We have an open concept home with the family room being right next to the kitchen and you can hear the dishwasher but not to the point that it bothers anyone.

Overall operation

I have had the dishwasher for about 16 weeks now and I have had 2 minor issues, both have been with the plastic parts that hold the tines in their position. One broke when I pulled the bottom rack out and the other one just came off. They do snap back on with no problem but it seems that they should be made with a thicker/stronger plastic. I will be calling KitchenAid so that they can send me the replacement part.

Rating

I give this dishwasher a 9 on a scale of 1-10. It meets all of my needs with the most important things being capacity and the ability to clean.

Possible improvements

As of right now the only improvement I would suggest would be to strengthen up the plastic pieces.

4-Blade Food Disposer

Eliminates the need for pre-rinsing by grinding down food particles so they can be washed away

ProScrub Option

Delivers concentrated cleaning performance for stubborn messes resulting from baked-on soils

4 Stainless Steel Wash Arms

Spray water to ten precisely angled locations, helping to distribute water more consistently

Whisper Quiet Plus Sound Insulation System (52 dBA*)

Quietly handles your dirtiest dishes (*- Per IEC standards, Normal cycle)

Optimum Wash Sensor

Adjusts the wash cycle to specific water conditions for maximum cleaning efficiency

Welded Tall Tub with Commercial-Grade Stainless Steel Interior

Dedicated Drying Element

Dual-watt Drying element and vent help ensure dishes are dry when cycle ends

4 Cycles/6 Cycle Options

2-Position SatinGlide Plus Adjustable Upper Rack

2 Fold-Down Rows with Six Sure-Hold Light Item Clips in Upper Rack

2 Fold-Down Rows with Two-Position and Three-Position Tines in Lower Rack

2 Fold-Down Cup Shelves

Extra-Large Silverware Basket with Two Covers and Stainless Steel Inlays

Culinary Caddy Utensil Basket

100% Usable DuraKote Nylon-Coated Racks with Cushion-Tip Tines

NSF Certification