SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t_mac_mo

did you get depressed... (long rant)

t-mac-mo
15 years ago

...during your build? We are 4 1/2 months into what was supposed to have been about a 5 month build, but is probably going to be 6 1/2 or 7 months at least. We go out to the site every weekend, and I have been coming back just sooo down. It feels like a snail's pace. The rain (and more rain) held us up for so long, but then we had 2 really great weather weeks...but it just didn't seem like much happened during that time. There have been a few things that were done wrong and had to be redone (money flying out the door). A couple things that we are over budget on because we let the builder talk us into things we didn't need. We're at a really tense place with our builder right now because he's just not very responsive to our questions...which puts DH on edge. We're stuck here in what we fondly refer to as "the rental from hell." I thought having sold our old house before the build would allow me to really enjoy the building process, picking stuff out, etc., but mostly, I'm just down. Picking out fixtures and cabinets is just a chore, not fun. I don't even look forward to going out to the house anymore. When does this get fun? Has anyone else felt this way?

Comments (11)