SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pookietn

Smelly Jelly

PookieTN
22 years ago

A THS friend asked that I post the directions for Smelly Jelly.

SMELLY JELLY RECIPE

Posted by: Diane from VA

copied from THS:

The recipe I have calls for: 2 Cups of liquid potpourri, 4 pkg. Knox gelatin. Bring l c. of liquid potpourri to boil. Stir in Knox & stir until dissolved. Add remaining liquid plus 2 Tbs. of vodka ( this keeps it from molding). Pour into jelly jars. Put lid and ring on after it has cooled. I put netting over the lid and tied with raffia for a gift

This jelly has been made for you

in a store it can't be found.

So remove the lid, replace the lace

and let the scent abound!

And of course, Les had a great one...

This isn't something you should eat,

It isn't related to your feet.

Though it's called "Smelly Jelly," the scent is sweet,

And will make any room in your home smell neat!

RE: Gel potpourri recipe anybody have it?

Posted by: Beada

The recipe I use is 1 cup of liquid potpourri concentrate and 2 envelopes of Knox gelatin. Heat the potpourri to almost boiling and add the Knox.

Stir well and pour into jars. Put in refrigerator to set. There is another post on which lots of people have made lots of helpful suggestions. One woman said that liquid potpourri gets mold, but liquid potpourri concentrate does not. I'll try to find the other post and let you know where it is.

Bath Jelly

Posted by: AnnetteTX

instead of the liquid potpourri you can add a non scented liquid soap and a scented oil and make a bath jelly that is fantastic I did some in a green apple sent and it went over like crazy

Bubble Bath Jelly Jars

Posted by: Softeeeeee

Supplies:

1 packet Unflavored Gelatin

3/4 cup Water

1/2 cup Clear Liquid Soap or Bubble Bath

Fragrance Oils - as desired

Food Coloring - optional

Small objects (silk flowers, toys, small figures, etc.)

1/8 sheet Cardstock weight Paper

Ribbon, Yarn or Raffia (for bow to tie label on jar)

Clear container with lid, such as a small glass canning jar

Instructions:

Empty the packet of gelatin into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.

Heat water in a saucepan, until just boiling. Immediately remove water from heat source. Carefully pour the hot water into the large mixing bowl

and gently mix with gelatin powder. Allow gelatin to completely dissolve. Be patient! This may take a few minutes.

Slowly and gently stir in the liquid soap to the gelatin mixture. Add a drop of food coloring and 5-8 drops of fragrance oil. Be careful not to beat

mixture or bath jelly will become foamy.

Pour mixture into a clean, clear container. Place your chosen small object inside container, nesting it inside jelly.

Refrigerate Bubble Jelly until set (about 4 hours). As the jelly sets, come up with a name for your creation. Then using your cardstock paper and

ribbon, make a label for the jar. Attach label to bath jelly jar by punching a hole in one corner of the label. Thread ribbon, cut long enough to tie

around the jar, through hole on label. Tie around the jar! (You can also decorate your jar with additional small items or dried flowers, as desired.)

To use: Scoop a small amount of jelly (1 - 2 Tbsp.) into your hand and hold under warm running water for a bubbly bath treat!

Note: This craft can be made for both children as well as adults! The container and object placed in the jelly can be adjusted to the likes and

interests of the person you are making it for. Let your imagination run wild, and you can come up with some very imaginative bath jelly jars! Enjoy!

========================================================

Hope you like this. I DO. Thanks to the people who originally posted them.....

POOKIE TN

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions