SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popeda

It's June 2013--how's your build progressing?

popeda
10 years ago

I guess I will start this one off. You may have seen my posts and know the story, moved in incomplete in December with the DH working alone after that. We have since done the interior doors (big celebration when doors were on bathrooms, believe me), all interior trim in a nice craftsman style, finished the stairs from rough framing, and finished the porch columns.

Lately we have completed the backsplash. We used travertine and a big splurge for handmade decos from Marie at Timeless Tile in Albuquerque. We did cabinetry in our DS's upstairs apartment kitchenette and plumbed his sink. The DH finished the porch ceiling with T&G pine in a clear finish. He sided and roofed the pump house for our rainwater collection system and is down to punch-out things like filling nail holes and touching up paint. Actually today he's working on my Mother's Day gift, three antique stained glass windows. One will go over my sink to block the view of our galvalume 20,000 gal. water tank (we love the rain water, but tanks aren't pretty). The other two are waiting on inspiration as to where they go.

Finished is sort of a strong word, but let's just say there aren't any really pressing things about the house to complete.

Fortunately it is too hot now to worry about the landscape. It is a shame when the thistles actually make your place look better, but planting will just have to wait. It's already 96 in the shade out here.

We might have to search our memories: what was it we did before we began getting our house on the market in September 2011, sold, and started to build last July? Must have passed the time somehow....

Comments (12)