SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Classes started new obsession ....er collection

bettyd_z7_va
15 years ago

I've so enjoyed the classes that Judith has started. I've paged through the book over and over, absorbing the beauty.

The more I looked, the more I was drawn to the spring luncheon (pages 16-21).

I've dreamed of having a tea/luncheon with some of the ladies from my church for the longest time and this table kept calling my name. I already had some green leaf plates similar to the chargers used here. So today I went to a couple of local antique stores to see if I could locate some of the green and pink depression glass dishes. I figured I could copy this well enough if I could find at least the pieces in the plate stack. The rest could come later. This is what I found. Please excuse the bad photography (hunted everywhere for the tripod I had bought without any luck).

I walked into the first store and explained what I wanted and she led me straight to these. And I'm in love! But no green. So I head to the second store. I showed the lady there the picture of the square green plates I wanted so badly and she said that she had never seen any of those. She found them in one of her books and when I saw the price I decided I would live without them and try something different instead of hunting for something I really couldn't afford. So I found these-

My question is, do you think I can pull the look off if I can find the desert rose dishes and put the depression glass on top like this-

without having the square green depression glass plate in the middle?

One thing is for certain.....I'm hooked on this depression glass. It is so thin and delicate. And it sparkles so that it brightens up my whole china cabinet. I must have more.

Betty

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals
More Discussions