SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xclusive_gw

Blower Door Test

Xclusive
11 years ago

Ok I'm not that familiar with blower door test but I have read several post on this forum and read up on it as well. My builder, Norfolk Homes, states they are an energy star builder on there website's front page but when I asked when the blower door test would be done they stated to me they build by energy star's standards but are no longer an energy star partner. Seems very deceiving to me but they stated I would get the blower test done on my house since I was under contract(we were on a contingency to sell for 6 months) when they were still an energy star builder. My concern is that I asked do they caulk the outlet boxes and switches and HVAC vents where they were cut thru the drywall because they are obvious gaps and they stated this is something that they do not do. I don't see how the house can be energy efficient with so many gaps throughout the whole house. Below are just a few pictures represenative of how the majority of outlets and vents are throughout the entire house. Any insight or suggestions would be greatly apprecited.

thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Our home sell/build blog

Comments (42)