SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsudude

Help-My DH is going to kill me if I don't make a decision

lsudude
15 years ago

I was only redoing the tub and shower. The prefab marble keeps separating and water is getting to the sheet rock (no hardiboard behind tub or shower)

DH very anxious about cost so I've been doing side jobs to save up. The tile guy questioned DH why we weren't redoing the countertop (also prefab marble) will stand out as dated if not changed. "So here it goes..." says DH.

Shower-final on matte artisan brown 6x6 tile in staggered pattern.

Accent? Want to do a glossy glass tile about 6ft high (love the Dahl maracas in oak moss but it's so expensive. Trying to match the samples to ebay sellers.

Shower door from basco frameless pivot (only frameless on top) to cut costs

Tub- Size? Was going w/6 ft but I'm 5ft. Read that I would float up if my feet couldn't push against the end.

Style? Anyone have kohler archer or devonshire or jacuzzi amiga?

Decor? It's 2 sided thinking about tiling front and top with brown tile and using the glossy mosaic as a border going around the tub. Would love to see use of glass tile in combo with other kinds on tub.

Counter- It's 93x22 Typical 2 sink with drawer/vanity space in the middle with the big mirror across the span. When facing on left is the tub of the foot and on the right is the shower. Anyway I found a guy who would do the granite and installation for $400. My DH just okayed it! But, seems like such a waste of space. We don't even use the right sink because that is where our outlet is that we use for the iron, hairdryer etc. Any suggestions of something I could do my self (not buying a new vanity) Before I start the countertop ?

Sinks? vessel, drop in or sunken - are they the same price to install?

Oh yeah and fixtures!! Trying to shop net on that one as well. I'm making a trip to Luter's plumbing supply in Miss. tomorrow if I can get a sitter! (Only 2 hours away from home) Any help on any questions would be much appreciated!!!

Comments (4)