SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Ut Oh -- HomeClick not responding re; Toto Toilet

ladyamity
16 years ago

My apologies for this being so long but I wanted to make sure you were given all the facts.

Of course it wasn't until AFTER I made my purchase on Ebay for the

Toto MS854114SL UltraMax Elong ADA Toilet. G-Max Flush

that I bothered to check here for HomeClick's attention to Customer Service issues.

Had I, well, hindsight is 20/20 so they say.

So now, here's the situation and I need to know what my next option is before contacting an attorney?

Not that I would that at this early date but still...

I purchased Toto on Ebay, Free Shipping.

I used the Best Offer option and it was accepted for $475.00.

I made payment immediately after being notified that my Best Offer was accepted.

May 30, almost two weeks later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a message through Ebay asking for an ATA of the toilet.

No response.

June 2, I sent another message through Ebay and also a duplicate to their actual Web Site online.

No reponse.

June 4 I called. "Victoria"? told me she would look up the information and get back to me.

June 7, still no return call.

June 7, I made another call to Home Click and rec'd almost the same response---they'll get back to me when they find out what's going on.

June 10 I rec'd this response:

Your item should be shipping out to you within 1-2 weeks. As always, once your order ships we will email you the tracking information. If you do not hear from us within the specified amount of time quoted above please feel free to contact us back by email or by phone at 888-654-8811. We wanted to give you this update and future updates as needed.

Thank you for your time,

HomeClick.com.

No apology, no explanation for the delay, nothing.

What was small floor/lino damage to the bathroom floor due to a crack in the old toilet has now turned into a much more involved repair.

I should have probably purchased a cheapy $100 toilet and used it while waiting for the Toto, but again, hindsight being 20/20.....

June 20 I rec'd an email with a tracking number that my item had been shipped and should arrive within 5 working days.

June 30 I used the tracking number and got "No Number available". I used copy/paste from their email's tracking number to make sure I hadn't transposed the numbers the first time. Still, no such tracking number.

July 2 I called HomeClick and got yet another Customer Service person who told me the same thing as the first two CS's I dealt with.

Waiting all day yesterday for a call and of course, you know I didn't receive one.

Today being a holiday there is not much I can do but what do any of you think should be my next recourse first thing tomorrow (Thursday) morning?

Comments (11)