SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkietur

medicine cabinet door swings

auzzy
13 years ago

anyone have a recessed mirrored medicine cabinet above their sink instead of a framed mirror? I have an alcove with 58 inches of wall space. Planning on a 28 inch cab in the middle for the 17 inch wide sink. The contractor suggested putting a 23 or 30 inch recessed mirror medicine cabinet with a sconce on each side (as well as a light fixture above). A 23 or 30 inch door swings out beyond a 21 inch countertop. Anyone have one this big and does it work OK or does it seem too big? I would have about 16 inches on each side of the medicine cabinet to place the sconces, which would probably be about 4 inches wide. Would there be any problem with the door hitting the sconces?

I would have liked to put the sink at the far left end but could not figure out how to install side lights and medicine cabinets on each of the alcove side walls without the doors hitting the lights so the contractor suggested putting the sink in the middle instead. (I don't like flourescent lights, which are about the only ones that don't extend out very far and provide more than 60 watts).Any thoughts on how that could work? Wish I knew how to draw those pictures folks include. I have to sign the contract and order the cabs by Friday so need to firm up all the plans. Getting obsessed with thinking about bathroom measurements.

Comments (2)