SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Thanksgiving for Four...Table pics

kathleen_li
15 years ago

Well, I don't have Tam or Jane's turkey....and I don't have Tgiving here. We go to my dil's sis house and there will be 30 of us for a sit down dinner. 2 turkeys, and then everyone is assigned things. I get 4, an appy, sweet potatoes with apples casserole, glazed carrots and a dessert. There is always way too much food! And the next day I am looking for my turkey...

I will cook one for us, probably next weekend.

So here's the table...

Cream cloth

Black round mats with a little beaded edge,

gold charger (I tried it with the paler glass ones I have, but it didn't pop)

Lenox eternal gold plate

brownish with a touch of black candle ring

the pumpkin bowls

gold trimmed silverware

gold trim water, etched wine, Waterford pitcher

Pumpkin place marker with burnished copper letters

cream napkins wrapped with berries and acorn (thanks Luvs)

Pheasant salt and pepper

Lenox sm cornucopia

hurricanes with etched leaves

burnished copper turkey votives

burnished copper candle holder surrounded by leaves and pumpkin floating candles tucked in

Best wishes for a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Betty, I know you are very thankful to have your dh to celebrate life with this year!

Comments (32)

• maximavswife
    15 years ago

Just stunning Kathleen! I am at a loss for words it so pretty!

Kath

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

kathleen..What a beautiful and inviting table. Such a lovely color combinaton. The little s&p are adorable. I love how you set your pumpkin bowls on the plates w/the florals..they look fabulous and so different. Is the centerpiece from CTS? I think I recognize it..My DD has that too. Once again..just beautiful. I know what you mean about looking for the turkey when you don't do it at home. My SIL always did Tgiving and I did Christmas...so I would make a sm turkey for us that Sunday. This yr, I'm doing both Holidays, plus a Christmas Family Reunion, the week after Tgiving!! >> Hellllp!!
    jane

• Related Discussions

Thanksgiving Decos..#1 (pic heavy)

Q

Comments (6)
    Jane, #1 is as lovely as #2. You have so many neat turkeys! I really like your white hutch with all the colors you used. So many lovely things. The Pilgrim couple was a great find. I'm ROTFLMBO that the other lady had a broken foot so DH gave her a new one! If I didn't know that your DH's great at woodworking I might wonder if someone else only has one foot now!teehee Love Mr Brown and he does look Grand! You will crack up when you see my Mr Brown when I post my ts. I will keep hunting and try to console myself by believing 'Good Things Come To Those Who Wait'.haha It must be almost overwhelming knowing you are decorating for fall and have so much company coming for a Christmas get together soon after TG. Hope you know we love seeing all of this so it's time well spent! Besides you have to much beautiful fall decor to not share. Do take care of yourself tho. Punk
    ...See More

Our furry Thanksgiving guests (pics)

Q

Comments (4)
    Punk: A person needs one Diva girl to supervise (mama) , one ol man to snooze and ignore the fray(milo), one nosey boy to drag everything out(Mickey) , one bossy boy to shout demands (Remi), one slouching boy to hold the boxes in place(tanker), one sneezing smarty pants to tell a person that their work looks bad (Drago). LOL Karen: noooo thanks, I have a Jazz of my own (Cheetah) to ruin all the decor that has just been done by either eating the greenery or rolling the ornaments across the floor. lol All of them are older except the new guy today. Milo (will be 7 in 2 weeks) Remi (6 yesterday) Drago (5 in July) Mickey (6.5) Mama (6.5) and Tanker (almost 3) + Cheetah (11 or 12). My clan is pretty good about newcomers as a general rule. I've found as long as I keep their routine the same and just blend the new ones into it , it all works out quite well. We do have the occasional tiff with either Remi because he's high strung or Mickey because he thinks everything is about HIM but that's usually sorted out in short order.
    ...See More

Happy Thanksgiving!...................pic

Q

Comments (5)
    how sweet!! happy thanksgiving, everybody and that includes the furred, feathered, hooved, and scaled family members!
    ...See More

I'm Thankful Thanksgiving is Over! *pic*

Q

Comments (7)
    What a doll face!! (sorry Dean, I am talking about Jackson!) He is turning into a little man there Sandy! Love his eyes and those sweet cheeks!
    ...See More
  • oldalgebra
    15 years ago

Oh, Kathleen, it's so pretty. You have some very interesting items tucked among the plates and stemware. I've never seen the copper letters before. In fact, I've never seen just the initial used to designate a sitting before. It may be commonplace, but not to me. I think that's really, really neat. How do the letters attach? Do they have a little metal rod that pokes in the pumpkin? I just think that's so nice - just a little off-beat, but still very formal.

I may be giving a small New Years Eve party and will definitely use the 08 cut outs sprinkled on the table. Did you make them? Another clever idea that one doesn't see every day.

There are all kinds of metal pumpkins with little doors that allow one to put a votive inside. But using such an open, wire sculpture that just gives the impression of a pumpkin and putting a large candle in it - well that makes one look a little longer at the centerpiece. It's an idea I know I'm going to steal.

Your gold rimmed dishes and stemware are beautiful.

I won't be having Thanksgiving at my house either, so no Thanksgiving table from me. But I will be adding to the Fall Table post.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful ideas.
    OA

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Kath...

Jane, the centerpiece and turkey votives and candle rings are from Michael's...70 % off...
    I just happened across the letters in TJ Maxx marked down...figuring I could use them for something!

Wow, you have a busy schedule. That's a lot of cooking , and decorating...wish I could be there to help you! My sis used to say she would help me when I had catering jobs...she said she would slice the bread, LOL!!
    We are very different in the cooking dept! But she does like dishes!
    I dreaded doing Tgiving years ago, teaching till the day before and then all the preps!
    Now I have the time, but don't get to have Tgiving or Christmas Day..oh well...
    I do have the family out here during the holiday week, and a few gatherings, so I get it out of my system! Then I am so exhausted I wonder why I do it!
    It is fun sharing with all of you here!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OA, thank you.
    The 08 was a part of the letters from TJ Maxx. The initials I just stuck into the pumpkin, the edge was sharp enough. Had to justify the purchase, and since it was just for us, I figured the initial would do! They just went so well with the wire pumpkin and votives..

Looking fwd to seeing your next creation...I think I am done till Dec.! Unless something hits me in the face! (hope it's pie with whipped cream!)

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Kathleen, Where do I start? I love everything. Your candle rings with the little white pumpkin bowls are just gorgeous. Your place settings are very elegant. And all of your table accessories are wonderful. Love, love, love the little turkey votive holders too. Your table is beautiful.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Sandi...I am tabled out though...can't wait to see you and OA post some more fall tables..

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Kathleen, you really outdid yourself on this one! My goodness, where do I start to say what I like best???? The centerpiece is lovely, I've seen those pumpkin cages before, but the addition of the candle and greenery just really make it special. That turkey votive is so cute, and I love your dishes, glassware and those wonderful white pumpkin bowls--but my favorite thing is how you used the candle rings around the white bowls--that just really puts it "over the top" in looking elegant IMHO. Great job! You deserve to take a break, you have certainly kept us drooling on here for several weeks with all your pretty tables and delicious looking food. ;o) Luvs

P.S. Don't take too long of a break though, okay?

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Kathleen, I hope you think imitation is the highest form of flattery, because I certainly think I will be stealing your idea of putting candle rings around the pumpkin bowls. I just love how you did that!! I SO WISH I had those beautiful white pumpkin bowls. You also did a terrific job on sprucing up the wire holder to make a wonderful centerpiece - those never really appealed to me but now I see what can be done with them, I want one too. Judith will be happy to see your list of dishes/accessories, etc and I found it good to read as it highlights things I might have missed. Your table is fantastic Kathleen. Hope you and your DH can enjoy YOUR turkey there when you get back home.

DD

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Luvs and DD.
    I am putting those pumpkin bowls to good use, LOL..

It is certainly easier to set a table for 4 than my dining room table, you need much less, in fact I felt like I had to do that roadmap as it gets crowded very quickly!

When I do my big table it seems like it goes on and on! Plus having 4 of something much easier than 14 ...can you imagine going around collecting 14 of those rings under the bowls, LOL ???

DD, I agree about the wire pumpkin, never had anything like it, but when I saw it, I thought I could use oasis with fresh flowers, and a candle, as, if you notice, there are white flowers in the rings.
    Since I wasn't going to buy fresh flowers this week, I improvised with the leaves. If I had an extra ring I could have used that in there.

Thank you for your kind comments!

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Kathleen, it's so beautiful! I love the mini wreaths on the plates with the fresh flowers and pepperberries. Great idea! Those covered pumpkin bowls are wonderful, too. May I ask where you got them? Like you, we'll be having our actual Thanksgiving dinner someplace else (our bestfriends home), but it's nice to set a festive table in our own homes, isn't it? Yours must put a smile on your faces every time you walk past it!
    Lynn

• mo13
    15 years ago

Kathleen, Ditto on what everybody else said! Everything looks so great! I got the same centerpiece as you have but I just stuck a candle in it - nothing as nice as yours. :) And I love the little turkey candleholders and the pumpkin bowls too!!! And thanks for listing everything - that really made me look at the table more carefully.

It looks lovely!

Mo

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lynne, those are the same pumpkins I used in my Halloween Black and white table.
    I got them at Christmas Tree Shop, and they were marked down to 1.99! They really look like the good stuff. LOL, even on the Lenox plate they held their own...

Mo, so play with your centerpiece. . You could even weave a spray of berries through it..on sale now, LOL!
    And thanks, both of you, ladies!

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Kathleen,
    You are so right. I am one VERY thankful girl. He is scheduled for surgery to reconstruct his colon on Dec 9th. That is the last major hurdle we have to get over. He is in rehab therapy 3xs a week and is feeling so much better that he gets bored sitting around the house. He helps fold laundry and washes dishes. Trying to get him to learn to cook, but no luck yet!

Bed,Bath,and Beyond is a branch of the CTS here. The next time I get to town I am going to stop in and see if they can order the white pumpkin bowls for me. I fell so hard in love with them. I called the store,but the lady that answered said she was too busy to order them that day. I googled BB&B, but never got to a screen that I could figure out how to find them and order them. I'm so computer dumb!

Now that I've finished changing the subject of your post, I'll tell you that I love your table, as usual! So elegant with such neat details that make it perfect. Beautiful dishes,silverware,and crystal stems. Love the pumpkin-shaped/candle centerpiece. So sweet of Luvs to send you the napkin rings. Your turkey votives are so cute,and your pheasant S/P shakers do work well on this table. I remember your post showing them to us when you bought them. Thanks for listing everything. I love your 08. That will be an idea I will steal. That way I can look back and see which table I set each year and see if I improve with time! Poor Alfred. I see him getting poorer each year because of my dish-ease!
    Betty

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Betty, Alfred will be in my prayers, you have had a long journey...

I know BBand B owns Cmas tree shops, but didn't think they carried the same items. Please let me know if you succeed, Sandi wants those bowls too!

Thank you for your kind words, and praying all will go well on the 9th!

• maximavswife
    15 years ago

RutRooo...I see target.com has the white pumpkin bowls. Works out to $6.25 per bowl (prior to shipping if your store does not have in stock).

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-8853711-1247805?asin=B000TYUIZO&AFID=Shopping&LNM=B000TYUIZO:Pumpkin_Covered_Soup_Bowls_Set_of_4&ref=tgt_adv_XSC10001

Kath

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kath, those are very nice. Mine are much smaller, Target's hold 16 oz...
    Can't wait to see if BBand B will order them for Betty.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Betty, any word from Bed Bath and Beyond on the bowls?...

Kath, this pic may give you a better idea of their size...
    They are sitting on a salad size plate..

• dreamgoddess
    15 years ago

Kathleen, your table is simply gorgeous. I see several ideas that I'd like to steal. The main one is using the candle rings under the pumpkin bowls. That's such a unique idea and I don't think I've ever seen that done before. I love the pumpkin centerpiece...it's so pretty with the candle and leaves.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Dream! I plan to use little wreaths for my Christmas table...I am looking for just the right ones...on sale of course! :)

• catiecupcake
    15 years ago

You NEVER cease to amaze me...absolutely beautiful.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you Catie! You know this is play time for me!
    I really should do something more constructive...dh's advice!

• jannie
    15 years ago

So beautiful, you are inspiring!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Kathleen, tell DH that you 'construct' us all the time!
    LOL

hugs, Karen

• dreamgoddess
    15 years ago

Kathleen, about how big are the candle rings that you used? I had looked at some the other day in WM, but they seemed like they would be way too big for the bowls that I'll be using.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dream, they are 3 and 3/4 in diameter, and the greenery extends to 7". I got them in Michael's for 1.20 each after the 70 off.

Karen, He thinks I should go get a job!

• dreamgoddess
    15 years ago

Hmmm...I think that's about the size of the ones I saw at WM. I'm going to Michael's this weekend, so I'll see what they have.

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Kathleen, You DO have a job...it's at home. ;~)

I have to say again that I love your Thanksgiving table. I really can't choose a favorite from your table. Putting the little wreaths around your pumpkin bowls was a wonderful idea too. Have I already said I want to "borrow" that idea?

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

I thought I replied here already, but I guess not. I just wanted to chime in with my two cents and say...I adore your table, and the candle rings are just absolutely perfect around those bowls. Truely lovely!

• delphinium33
    15 years ago

Kathleen,
    Your tables always amaze me. Where do find all your energy????? If I do a nice tablesetting a month I'm feeling pretty "Martha Stewarty" I look forward to all your Holiday 2008 tablesettings. Each one I see with the pumpkin bowls just makes me more jealous that we don't have CTS on the west coast.

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am retired, so I have the time...I didn't when I worked full time and took care of my family...:)
    Makes a BIG difference!
    And thank you,ladies, I appreciate your kind comments!

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

DH actually wanted to see the pics of everyone's Thanksgiving tables so I went back through showing him. I just had to comment again on yours. I love it all, but those wreaths around the pumpkin bowls is just fantastic. I know I will try to work that idea around something soon.

Sponsored
More Discussions