SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss718

Spending more on the fridge than the stove??

Miss718
11 years ago

My previous kitchen came with a Subzero 642 and a Wolf 48 inch all gas. I loved that fridge, wasn't crazy about the all gas Wolf. It was fine but performed no better than the DCS I had in another house.

We're in a temporary rental, while we renovate our new house, with rental grade appliances. To my surprise, it's the fridge I miss, far more than the stove. Granted this crappy bottom of the line Frigidaire is not what I would buy but it does the job and my cooking hasn't suffered.

The fridge, however, is a nightmare. I had grown used to produce staying fresh forever (or close to forever). My husband thinks I am nuts to consider forgoing a super premium range like the Wolf 36" dual fuel, but I want to save money somewhere. I fell in love with the Miele KF1901 fridge and I think that's what I want.

But I don't want to spend more than $4000-5000 on a range. And I would love to spend less. I am all over the place and my head is spinning. Any thoughts would be welcome. I have looked at Blue Star, Capital Culinaria (their website really stinks), Electrolux Icon and Jennair. Anything else I should consider? I am not interested in the NXR range. I've read a lot about it here and have ruled it out.

The Wolf/Subzero $1000 off is compelling but I liked the Miele so much better. I could swing the Wolf 36" dual fuel and SZ fridge if I forgo the Miele microwave/convection but space is at a premium and I really wanted a second oven. Plus I will still need a microwave.

If we were just doing the kitchen, I wouldn't hesitate to spend on the range, but it's a whole house reno and I really want to save where I can.

I welcome your input!

Comments (8)