SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnny_gw

Seeking Ideas for farm house

sunnny
14 years ago

I'm begging for help! I'm hoping to get some ideas for a farm/country style 1- 1 1/2 story 3br/2ba house. I've searched thousands of house plans for months and months and have saved many that can be modified but haven't been able to find something REAL close yet so I'd love some ideas and suggestions.

My list of preferences are this:

under 2600 sq ft (2400 would be ideal)

large kitchen

office space which can double as a guest room if needed

or possibly a small computer area

mudroom/laundry area (don't care if it's together or not)

a place for a grand piano could be in a formal dining area or large/long living area

I prefer NOT to have to walk through the middle of the living area to get to the bedrooms. I don't mind walking on either end of it (does that make sense??) Maybe I can explain it by saying I don't want to walk around the couch and coffee table to get where I'm going but to walk on the front end or back side of the room is OK.

Split bedrooms

Lots of windows to enjoy our country view

And... drum roll.... porches... the bigger the better!

I prefer ONE floor because I'm in my 40's and was hit by a drunk driver many years ago so my knees are not good...but I LOVE the modified "Waltons Farmhouse plan" and I mean LOVE IT!!! The outside just speaks to me and the floor plan seems to flow so well. Would it be possible to modify this to keep a similar look but increas the first floor living space?

I know it's a lot to ask but I've seen some of the magnificent things some of you pull out of your hats so I wanted to give it a shot.

THANK YOU!!!

Sunny

Here is a link that might be useful: The Waltons Farmhouse

Comments (10)