SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkjjpc_gw

Help choose an under counter integrated drawer refrigerator

jkjjpc
13 years ago

Hi, we're thinking drawers will be more useful for our kitchen remodel than a beverage center, but are having trouble deciding which to pick. We are limited to the 24" versions, so that rules out Sub Zero. Our appliance salesperson says that the options she carries that can be integrated with panels are the KitchenAid (but she says it will not sit flush with our inset cabinets), Marvel, and U-Line. The prices range from about $1500 to 2100. They also carry Electrolux, which would not accept an overlay panel and would be stainless steel (which is OK if that is the best choice).

Consumer reports gave the GE Monogram the highest rating three years ago, but I have not been able to find one on display anywhere locally and I suspect it too would not mount flush with our inset cabinets. They gave the Marvel and U-Line horrible ratings due to poor temperature consistency, poor energy efficiency, and noise.

Can those of you who have the drawers comment on how well they have worked for you and the noise factor? This would go in the island for our kitchen and is right beside the breakfast room and opens to the family room.

I've read about Perlick, but there is not a dealer locally that we could go see a floor model.

John

Comments (5)