SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandi_w_gw

OT: Digital TV

Sandi_W
15 years ago

I live just outside of Wilmington, NC. Our area went to all digital broadcasting in Sep and we were totally unprepared even though we had already bought the digital converter boxes.

All of the information we were being given said that if your regular tv got good reception then you would get better reception with digital. NOT TRUE! Our tvs got NO reception at all after the switch.

I went out and bought a digital tv and could only pick up 1 channel. I went back out and bought an "expensive to me" antenna that was highly recommended. Most of the time the reception is good, but there are lots of times that we get the dreaded "no signal" screen. Or we get the picture with no sound. Last night 2 of our channels were out for over an hour. Of course, I missed the last few minutes of "House".

They say that roof-top antennas are the way to go. I think a lot of our problems are with the broadcasting and not our personal set-up, but you won't hear that info. We even lost a couple of PBS channels because they can't broadcast them all at full-strength.

Yes, the digital pictures are amazing, but it's such a pain. When do we lose signal? Not too often...only when it's windy, when it rains, when it's hot, when it's cold & when it's perfect...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions