SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Can't update/register my Avast Antivirus

lynnalexandra
15 years ago

I'm confused. I installed Avast antivirus on my new thinkpad in September. I haven't used the laptop in over a month, and it is now saying my antivirus is expired. It gives me the option to upgrade to a paid version, or renew the free version I have. But when I click to renew the free version, it asks for my license key number. I have no idea what this number is (I dont recall getting one - and certainly didn't write it down). There's a link to click if you need help getting the product license key, but when i click on that, it tries to get me to register my free trial of Microsoft Office 2007 - which I don't want. I have open office on this computer and am not interested inactivating a trial program (in fact, I want to delete it and could use advice on removing it completely).

But I dont know why Microsoft Office is coming up when clicking on an Avast link (are they related?). My other option is to click FAQ for Avast - but they keeps taking me to a page that won't load - says it can't find URL. It gives me a link to click for just www.avast.com - but that'w what leads to the Office window.

How can I find my license key for Avast - or somehow renew it. I didn't realize it would expire. Is this typical for free Avast?

So now I'm running without antivirus. Don't want to do that for much longer.

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (4)