SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Holiday baskets?

party_music50
10 years ago

Hi all! it's been a very busy time for me lately, but I'm excited to say that I've finally ordered some red crushed velvet fabric to make xmas-y cushion covers for my white wicker porch chairs. :O)

Our annual village christmas celebration is in mid December and it always ends with a fireworks display. If you've never stood near a bonfire and watched fireworks during a snowfall, you should!!! :)

Of course they ask for donations and I've always donated cash in the past. This year I'm trying to think of a special 'holiday' basket I could weave to donate for their raffle. I actually have a couple questions you all could help me with:

- I often donate custom baskets for charities, but I make it clear that THE BASKET is the prize -- I don't fill it with anything. Do you think it's wrong or odd to offer *just* a handwoven basket as a raffle prize? my mother tells me I should fill it with something, but my view is that the basket is then just treated as a meaningless vessel -- like any box would do. :p

- what suggestions do you have for a neat basket for me to weave?! is there some holiday basket you could really use? Some ideas I've considered are a simple tote or storage basket (something large and very functional), a red & natural basket in spiral weave pattern reminiscent of a candycane -- done as a slender door basket or bread basket? oh! what about a mitten basket?!?! I could hand-paint a little something on it! People usually love my hand-painted baskets. Any thoughts?

:)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions