SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Calling Donna in Fla

bettyd_z7_va
14 years ago

Donna,

I was uploading some pictures to Flickr and saw where you had posted a question 4 months ago. I am so sorry that I didn't notice that and will try to answer your question here so that the person responsible can get the blame AGAIN!!

Please forgive me for not answering there. I am so computer dumb that I hadn't noticed that people could even post comments there!!

It is all Karen's (Purplemoon) fault that I have these dishes in my house! One night I logged on and she had posted a link to the Pfaltzgraff website and it was a done deal.

To give a little background.... One night my DH was teasing me saying that when I died he could quit work and live forever on the proceeds from the sale of all of my books, magazines, and dishes.

Hello, my name is Betty and I have multiple addictions. (See the list above)

Anyhoo... back to the story. My oldest DGS, who was 11 then, spoke up and said, "Papa, don't sell those green leaf-looking dishes (my cabbageleaf) because I want those when Nanny dies. I like them.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I always wondered what would happen to my pretty dishes. DD hadn't shown any concern for them and I hated the thought of them being sold. I loved them.

Now, here was my firstborn DGS saying he wanted some of my dishes!! WOO-WHOO!!!

That started me on a quest for the Baby DGS who 5 at the time. I wanted to find some dishes that he would like, to pass down to him.

That fateful night I clicked the Pfaltzgraff link and was browsing and saw the Black-capped Chickadee dishes.

A little more background...While camping one time I had picked up a book that had bird calls in it and info on the different birds to go along with the calls. Eli (the Baby DGS) was about 2 then and fell in love with the Black-capped Chickadee call.

If we were outside working in the flowers and one would start singing he would stop, dead still, and say, "Nanny, listen to my Black-capped Chickadee!"

He would answer the bird and get the biggest kick when the bird kept singing! He thought they were 'talking'.

So.... when I saw those dishes I HAD to order at least a 4 placesetting set for Eli.

They have my address now and the newest catalog just came and there is a new, lighter color that is even more beautiful. There are also a lot of serving pieces to match. I feel my credit card balance growing as I type.

www.pfattzgraff.com

Just thought I would share the email address so I could help the economy. I haven't gone to the website lately. The catalog is bad enough!!

The other day, my DD was here and picked up the catalog. She loves snowmen and there are some BEAUTIFUL snowmen dishes on pages 26 and 27. When she got to page 25 I was saying, "Don't turn the page. Look into my eyes. You are getting sleepy. Don't turn the page."

It didn't work. She turned the page!!

So... Karen, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!

(I still want the pheasant. Wish they had the male AND female, instead of just the male.) Hey, I just noticed the colors of the pheasant matches the colors of the tablescape I just set up! OH NO! I can't resist! Help me, Lord!!

Donna, just wanted you to know we believe in sharing our addictions. I'm off to the website now. Bye-Bye.

Betty

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions