FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
shortyrobyn

Recommendations For Dishwashers Without Stainless Steel Tubs

shortyrobyn
10 years ago

Our 16 year Kitchenaid seems to be dead (leaking). The plumber is coming tomorrow to see if there's an easy fix (like a new hose). Assuming there isn't - we'll need a new dishwasher.

I definitely want a dishwasher without a stainless steel tub. Because of our water quality (even with a water softener - the dishwasher will leave spots all over flatware unless I take it out during the rinse cycle and dry it by hand). I don't want a dishwasher that will look terrible after I use it once or twice. Nor do I want a new household chore (cleaning the inside of a dishwasher - I haven't cleaned mine in 16 years!).

So have any of you had fairly recent experiences with dishwashers like this? Good or bad? So much has changed in terms of dishwashers since I last bought one that I really don't know where to start. Note that price isn't important (I don't think it's possible to buy a really expensive dishwasher without a stainless steel tub).

Thanks in advance for sharing with me - whether you're giving your dishwasher a thumbs up or thumbs down. Robyn

Comments (12)