SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1stboysmom

Help! I need a new wine refrigerator!

boysmom
15 years ago

I purchased a Danby 166 dual-zone wine refrigerator in November 2007. It quit cooling early April. It was hard to find a service person for it; not too many companies repair these & the list on their web site wasn't up-to-date. I went back & forth with them, finally they said they're going to send a new one. Then I get a call telling me to "pack it up for shipping." Excuse me?!?

I don't think so! There were more conversations, but I'm trying to keep this brief. I've now had it w/this whole thing. I want it gone, out of my garage, out of my life! I don't want another Danby because not only was it difficult to find a service person, the company didn't follow up as they should have with this. I kept having to go after them, which takes time & isn't fun. The seller, winrefrigerator.com, a CSN store, is now trying to make this right, but too late for me.

Meanwhile, I've got over 150 bottles of wine laying on my living room floor, which I've been keeping dark & cool.

Can anyone recommend a wine refrigerator about the same capacity that would be more reliable/easier to fix?

boysmom

Comment (1)