SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
overmyhead08

Non-Matching Toto Cotton White and Other Quality Issues

overmyhead08
14 years ago

I just had a Toto pedestal lavatory and a Toto EcoNexus toilet, both in Cotton White, installed in my half bath. There are a number of quality issues, and I'm wondering how to remedy them and also if anyone else has experienced them.

1. The Cotton Whites of the two fixtures do not match. I note that the pedestal sink was made in Indonesia. (I do not know where the toilet was made.) Would that affect their dye lots? Why should it affect their dye lots?

2. The rear-overflow hole on the sink is unglazed and is a large, beige eyesore. How to mask this?

3. Both fixtures, but particularly the toilet, have big scratches in their glaze in multiple spots. I could not remove the black lines with Goof-Off, and the glaze feels smooth where the marks appear, so I assume the scratches are under the glaze. If these are not underglaze scratches, can anyone tell me what they might be and how to remove them?

I think I'm going to have to change out one of the non-matching fixtures. Because the toilet is so scratched up, I think this is the one that will have to go. I've read in other threads that Kohler White is similar to Toto Cotton White. However, for those who have both brands in close proximity to one another in the same bathroom, is one less bright white than the other? (The Cotton White of my EcoNexus is VERY bright white.)

Thanks for all assistance.

OMH

Comments (2)