SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsculley

Suggestions for 48-inch vanity space

mrsculley
14 years ago

We live in a 40-year-old home and are beginning the process of remodeling all three bathrooms. We're trying to keep costs down by buying as much as we can from Home Depot or Lowes. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for the vanity in our daughter's bathroom. The vanity area is exactly 48 inches wide. We can't buy a pre-made 48-inch vanity and countertop because pre-made countertops are 49 inches. Would it look weird to have a 36-inch vanity with six inches of space on either side? (The toilet and shower are in a separate room. The vanity sits between two walls.) I'm not a visual person and am having difficulty picturing this. If you can think of another option, please let me know. We could have the cabinet made, but that would increase our costs, along with the additional cost of having a countertop made to order. (I found a carerra marble vanity top at Lowe's that I really like and having it made to order would cost twice as much or more.)

I've really enjoyed reading through the archives and have gotten a lot of help from reading about others' experiences. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (16)