SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Wall-mount sinks with countertop areas

charlikin
15 years ago

In my never-ending quest for a solution to the "What kind of bathroom sink will let me put a litterbox underneath and still give me countertop space for a cup & soap dispenser" question, I've come up with these possible options:

(1) Wall-mount sink like Toto Supreme or Toto Prominence with porcelain shroud covering pipes (like half-pedestal) - pretty, but not sure there's room for cup & soap dispenser. The Duravit Happy D is similar and might allow more "countertop" room since it's a very flat design without a decorative "lip" - though the style doesn't appeal to me quite as much for this very reason.

(2) Wall-mount vanity - not sure there's enough room underneath for cats, already irate at there having been any sort of disturbance in their lives to begin with, not to say, screw you, we're gonna do our thing on your pillow.

(3) Granite countertop with metal console legs and undermount sink - not sure I actually want legs (easier to sweep up spilt litter without them), exposes underside of sink and pipes (not so pretty), and very expensive option (which I could swallow if it were a perfect solution in every other respect).

NEW OPTION!

(4) Wall-mount sink with one or more "wings" to provide countertop space. Something like these:

Lacava Bonsai - asymmetrical with shelf on right and porcelain shroud covering pipes

Porcher Sapho - symmetrical with shelves on both sides, but pipes are exposed (they don't seem to have a shroud)

Not sure if the assymetry of the Lacava is brilliant or disturbing (the toilet will be next to the sink, on the side with the shelf). I was also thinking of putting a shelf (or two) of some sort over the toilet to hold things like makeup and some decorative objects, and I don't know if that would end up looking odd.

Really like the Porcher (and it's the only one out of all of these I've actually seen in person!), but I'm not thrilled about the exposed pipes. I have exposed pipes now, and I was hoping to get away from that - though admittedly these would be pretty exposed pipes as opposed to my very utilitarian exposed pipes.

The basin sizes are very different too - the Lacava is more of an oval - much wider side-to-side than front-to-back - while the Porcher is round. Not sure if that makes a difference for hand-washing undies & sweaters. (Who, me obsess about details??? LOL)

Anyway, I thought I'd post all this in case anyone might be willing to venture an opinion on this very obscure sink subject! Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)