SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygal1

PINK in my hutch

luckygal
14 years ago

While all of you who post wonderful displays of all types are responsible for this, it was Excessfroufrou's recent thread about "pink" that put the bomb under me and made me make some changes. I am very grateful to all of you for inspiring me.

So, here's the background - I yard sale regularly and love old stuff. I'm limited because I live in the boondocks but we do travel a bit and I pick up things here and there. Starting last spring I found a pink transferware set at a TS, not really old or valuable but made in England. I didn't buy it but couldn't forget it, so went back before we travelled on, and it had been marked down! So set #1 purchased. I had very little pink in my house but decided to change that so stayed on the lookout. Found a few small things and then set #2 appeared in my fav antique store. Not overly valuable but a bit older than #1. She also threw in the old gravy boat which is quite old but is stained and crazed. OK it's fine for display. At the same time I was finding platters with pink.

So after seeing Syble's wonderful display I decided to move the old hutch back to my breakfast area from the garage. I wanted to sell it but never bothered to have a sale this year.

So here's the hutch with some of my pink - this is not a finished display on the deck but I needed a temporary place for these things. The cheap plastic fruit is destined to be painted for Christmas display. The silver flatware was $5 at a yard sale and needs a chest which I hope to find at a price I'll pay!

{{gwi:1442027}}

Left side of hutch -

{{gwi:1442028}}

Center of hutch -

{{gwi:1442029}}

Right side of hutch -

{{gwi:1442030}}

I've had this bunny eggcup since childhood it's over 60 years old -

{{gwi:1442031}}

This tiny tea cup, saucer, and plate was 25 at a yard sale -

{{gwi:1442032}}

My "free" gravyboat -

{{gwi:1442033}}

My cheap plastic fruit awaiting paint in my cast metal urn (a couple/few $ at a YS), silver tray was not more than $5, I have quite a few and pay the asking price if it's $5 or less -

{{gwi:1442034}}

Set of silver plate flatware with over 50 pieces for $5. It's "Reflection" pattern by 1847 Rogers Bros and is a pattern I considered when I bought my wedding silver over 43 years ago. Linen napkin used as dust cover.

{{gwi:1442035}}

Thanks for looking at my old "junk". Oh, all the bone china teacups shown were $2 each or less at YS. Since I have a few boxes full of ones I've been given I only buy more if they are priced very low.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions