SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydrangea_2008

Range : Expertise Requested

hydrangea_2008
15 years ago

Hi,

I am new to this site but have been lurking and reading a lot of the posts here. Wonderful information.

We're doing a kitchen remodel. Consider myself a very proficient vegetarian cook - and I do most cooking from scratch. The range is my most important purchase. Experts here - do help me please!

Some requirements: 36" is the max I can go

(1) I'd like all burners to have the same BTU rating - so they can go from low->high. I dislike small burners and particularly where they're placed on rangetops. Do a lot of high heat cooking.

(2) I would *love* a dual fuel but with split ovens - and I've almost given up on that dream (fratelli/delonghi/fisher paykel - just dont have the reviews/repair history that I'd be comfortable with (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Aga is wrong for my home. I bake a lot - but given that I'm vegetarian - I need a couple of good small ovens - not something that holds a turkey.

(3) I would love a warming drawer with the range -if at all possible. I could do without this one.

I've given up on (2) and (3) (almost) and have narrowed down my options to either a Wolf or a Blue Star (which can be customized to have 6 burners that go to 15000 BTU).

Before I take the plunge with the Wolf/Blue Star:

Is it at all possible to do a rangetop with ovens underneath - are there smaller wall ovens that could be installed under a rangetop - so I'd still get the '2 ovens' deal?

I already have a good hood picked out (Vent-A-Hood) - and no - I cannot do wall ovens. Just not enough wall space.

Thanks a ton for your help!

Comments (15)