SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

Samsun g nc10 or HP 1000?

ilmbg
15 years ago

Me again- I am still looking for a notebook. I don't think I can do the 8.9 size, but could do the 10 size.

I have found 2 -the Samsung nc10 and the HP 1000 series. they are the same price. (there is a HP mini mi for $20 less, but seems to have quite a bit less on it).

those of you who are well educated on the different brands- Are these equal in components? Quality? Hisory of good customer service if needed?

I do not understand exactly what each of them come with- the Acer I have now has Window xp, games- a dvd burner- most things I don't use. Would the nc10/HP be enough? Do I - can I -add programs when ordering one, or do I add a program after I get it?

Any thought?

I want it to look at internet, email, maybe send pictures.

MAYBE do some homework on it for nursing CEU's, so would I need a program that it does not come with?

Thank you.

Comments (4)

• hydroflame
    15 years ago

Go with the HP 1000, hp is definitely a much better brand however the Samsung will probably give you more for the buck. For your types of needs, almost any computer/notebook would do fine.

• grandms
    15 years ago

As far as special programs you need, you would have to add those after you get the computer. I have no experience with Samsung (I know they make good TVs and monitors) but my computers have all been HP and I like their on-line help where you can "chat" with a tech when you need help. Others may have other recommendations, but for your needs, I agree with hydroflame that almost any notebook will do fine.

• ilmbg
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK- thanks. grandms- the tech help.. do you get it for just 30-90 days after you buy the computer, or is there no time limit?

hydro- then the HP is a better product as far as breaking down??? But I will be able to do more with Samsung, right?

That makes my choice hard to make!!

When you buy mini's, do you 'order' them with programs like I did my Acer, or do they come standard and then you add??

• grandms
    15 years ago

The HP online "chats" have no time limit. I think it's the telephone help that has usually a 1 year limit unless you purchase an extended warranty, and most advise against those. As to whether one brand "breaks down" more than another???? Who knows? I have no idea if programs can be ordered installed on these minis. However, installing a program from a CD or DVD that you buy is a no-brainer, and I would never pay extra to have programs installed for me.