SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaymielo_gw

kats... Trim installation question

jaymielo
15 years ago

Hi Kats, I'm hoping you are still lurking around because I was just looking through your album again and have a question about your finish trim.

My GC called me yesterday and was curious, on our door and windows, where we wanted the division between the stained and painted areas. I poured through your pictures looking for an open door so I could see if you jambs where painted or stained, but you were just too orderly when you shot your pics! On your "painted trim, stained doors" are the jambs painted or stained. The same would apply on your windows, but I think it is pretty clear from this picture that you stained the entire window and frame and just painted the trim pieces that went on later.

One of my GC's concerns was that they usually caulk where the door jamb or window frame meets the trim when you have painted trim and that was as the wood expands/contracts, you don't see "gaps". Do you know how you painters handled this?

Thanks so much in advance! .... or if anyone else has any words of wisdom, please feel free to comment. Jaymie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz