SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosenblumr_gw

Ovens Need 2 of these 3 Gagg, Miele or Wolf?

rosenblumr
15 years ago

Yes I have read a lot of posts with the same question, but I had a few more questions that may not have been directly answered.

We are building a house and the time has come to pick appliances (even though we are 18 months away from moving in).

I am pretty much sold on the Bluestar 48" Rangetop with 4 burners and a 24" Grill as we like to grill indoors a lot. I am also going to go with their Salamander so I dont miss the old infrared burner I had in my last Viking range (which had a number of issues). Both of these were selected after reading on GW (My backups were complicated and involved a single viking gas wall oven just for the broiler).

It is a big house, and we plan on entertaining, so my wife originally wanted 4 ovens (and none of them under a Rangetop). I have talked her down from this, well sort of.

Right now we are looking at:

A gagg steam oven,

Some type of speed cook(miele or Advantium)

and 2 some combination of 2 of the following:

Gagg oven,

Wolf Wall oven

Miele Wall oven

No double ovens, as they will be in separate spaces.

I tried playing with a Gagg that was turned on today at a dealer (with no sales people around), and the menu was in German (I think), which did not make it any easier to use. I could not understand why I could not get the temp over 300 degrees. The Miele menu was obviously cake.

We WILL use the rotisserie.

I have thought about a Gagg in the main kitchen, and the Miele set in the other space as a backup (or switching them around as I prefer the looks of the Miele).

But I had some concerns that if I make the Miele the primary oven, when we go to use the Gagg we may have forgotten how to use it. Is it pretty easy once you know how?

I like the dual convection in the Wolf, if it had the rotisserie I probably just get that one.

They wont be next to each other so aesthetics are not a huge issue in terms of mixing, but is it worth mixing am I even gaining anything, or is it better to just get 2 of 1 of these models so that cooking times/temps can be recorded more easily? If so, Which one or 2?

One "set" will be in the main kitchen, the other what basically amounts to a butlers pantry off the Kitchen.

Comments (4)