SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abby66

Moving a Blue Star or like to Europe?

abby66
9 years ago

Hello
I've been reading up on stoves here for the past several weeks hoping to figure out the answer to my big question...now that I can finally buy my "dream stove" what will it be? We moved from Seattle to the Netherlands three years ago and are finally buying and remodeling a home here. I've looked at all the fancy French and Italian brands and of course they look beautiful.
However... In my past two homes I had commercial Garland ranges. The last one was over 28 years old...double ovens, 6 burners, grill and broiling oven. It was a beast and I loved it with all my heart! I'm just not sure I can ever be happy with some of these other options (although happy to hear you tell me otherwise).
So here's my question. We have yet to bring our goods over and it would be relatively easy to stick a blue star or the like in the container and bring it here. I'm sure it would be next to impossible to service but beyond that, can anyone tell me whether or not it would work? Stupid but if you go for only gas there's no electricity is there? Can anyone tell me what might work in this situation?
Alternatively, does anyone know of a professional style stove with similar simplicity, open burners, and super high BTUs on all burners available in europe?
Thanks for your responses!

Comments (10)