SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hifixer

Jagged edges on grouted tile

hifixer
11 years ago

I had my tub surround tiled with Spectralock epoxy grout last week. After the tile guy left, I noticed the grout haze on the tiles and immediately panicked! I know that left on, the haze would be very difficult to remove later. So I started using a vinegar/water solution to remove the haze. I got a lot of it off but later someone told me I should have just left it and make the tile guy come back to clean it up even if it would have been several days later.

Well, what's done is done.

Anyway, there are a few places on the wall where the tile edges look jagged. As you can see, the horizontal grout lines look fine. The tile is rectified and the whole piece of tile was used. The jagged edges don't have the same color and texture as the grout but then again it doesn't look exactly like the tile either. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how it happened? Is this normal? There are also some other places where the grout is black and I think it's the mortar showing through. There's also a spot where the beige grout is greenish colored at the bottom of the tub. Do you think I have recourse to have the tile guy fix these problems or does the fact that I cleaned up the tile give him an excuse to say that I might have caused the problems myself?

Comments (7)