SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mnhughes

Sensor faucets in the bathroom? (For kids-- cleaner, saves water?

mnhughes
9 years ago

Has anyone put sensor faucets in their home bathrooms? If so, do you love them or hate them? We are building a new home and have five kids under age 9. They will each have their own sink. In the house we are renting the water often gets left on in the main bathroom (usually a very small stream) and I don't find it until hours later. With the kids having their own sinks in the new house, we could lose a ton of water (we'll have a cistern and septic field) and I don't want to run around checking the faucets all day. I also like the cleanliness of sensor faucets, especially for kids. The woman at the plumbing supply shop doesn't like the idea of sensor faucets in homes (she says there are too many things to go wrong, what if power fails?, have to adjust the temp if there is a power outage, etc., etc,) and is trying to talk me out of it. I am looking at the Toto Fordham, which seems to throw all of her concerns out the window. These faucets are EXPENSIVE though, so I would really like some opinions of them or at least opinions on sensor faucets in general (for home use). I can't find any reviews anywhere for this particular faucet, and most motion sensor faucet reviews are for those installed in commercial buildings. I am planning on putting commercial drains in the sinks as well, to prevent floods and to prevent small items from going down the drains (I can't think of any reason the kids would need to fill the bathroom sinks!). The sinks will also have an overflow hole, just in case. Thanks in advance!!

Comments (7)