SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kinshasa18

Remodeling bathroom and need advice

kinshasa
14 years ago

We are gutting the our master bathroom which is not on the large size. Here are the decisions so far, and questions for those in the know:

Vanity top - Tetrazzo Bistro Green --- fell in love with it. This will be the focal point of the bathroom. It should be for the price!

Backsplash - 6x6" dark brown tile to pick up the dark brown in the countertop.

Bathtub -- something simple, no whirlpools etc., 5' long. Probably Kohler tub.

Sinks - Will Kohler Ladena sinks (12"x18") be too big for a 66" long double vanity?

Faucet - In choosing a sink faucet, I want one with a gooseneck because I wet my hair every morning in the sink. I've read about terms like spout height and spout reach but don't know the meaning. Do I need to consider the size/depth of the sink?

Toilet -- husband refuses to sit on a Japanese toilet, so no Toto. (Don't ask me why. He also won't drive a Japanese car.) My parents just got new Kohler toilets and love them. The toilet isn't a major concern.

I am having a towel rack installed on a glass shower door. We use oversize bath sheets and this will necessitate one big shower door that will open from the right. Is this a problem, or will it look weird?

I need to replace the window blind. Thinking about faux wood. Any other ideas?

Tile and paint have already been selected for the floor and walls.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Comments (4)