SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
house_vixen

Showerhead (+ Cust. Service) Bliss: Boy, Have I Been Missing Out!

house_vixen
15 years ago

Ok, why o why have I spent 6 years with a crappy showerhead?! Did I not think a new one would bring major improvement? Did I think I had to shell out a ton? Dunno.

But I just stuck a fairly-budget-friendly [$40] 4" Danze Downpour in the bathroom that's NOT getting renovated (for a good while yet, anyway) and I swear, it just might get me through the current upheaval in the downstairs bath!

I was longing for a rainshower, but needed to be able to wash my dang hair without spending all day doing so AND I wanted enough intensity to help unkink my broken-down parts. [For some reason, GWebbers haven't weighed in *enough* on this matter, ha, and product reviews seemed to be all over the place.]

I finally found a small online business that had some compare and contrast info about spray intensity; the one I ended up with was reputed to have a "moderate" spray AND live up to its "Downpour" name. And boy, did it -- and that's with 60 psi, a 2nd floor bath, and the flow restrictor in...and it's even pretty IMO, awwww:

{{gwi:1442067}}

[No, that is not my shower, snort.]

So I recommend that those of you just daydreaming about bathroom renos and enjoyable showers take a step to making the latter come true while the former takes a backseat to life. Can't believe I just put off doing something because "some day" we'd get around to ripping stuff out.

Of course, if a reno is imminent or you're in the midst of one you're probably already up to your ears in shower stuff. I am totally giving props to the place I bought -- neatitems.com -- since they were super-quick to answer my emails and ship once I'd decided. You won't be able to drop name brands, but judging from my experience and their other testimonials I doubt you'll care.

ps Ask me how much I want to see my other purchase installed?

{{gwi:1442068}}

Too bad we're not QUITE ready yet!

Here is a link that might be useful: Showerheads at Neatitems.com

Comments (2)