SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

ugh! first draft from designer & need help pls!

laurensmom21
13 years ago

**this is a follow up post to my previous one below**

We just received the first draft of our plan back from our designer and I'm disappointed. My #1 priority was the kitchen on an ext wall so I could have a wall of windows above my sink. Well the plan he sent back doesn't have that :( I guess it's easy enough to switch the espace/pantry over but I also don't think that the dining space flows well but I don't know what else to put there in the middle of the house. Any suggestions?

I also want a more defined foyer, bigger master & changed bath (but I've already redrawn those) wider screen porch, bonus room stairs on the inside of the house, etc...

The upstairs seems really weird to me. I asked for 3 bedrooms and a rec room for the kids to hang out - all with vaulted ceilings. I can't really tell from the drawings if the bedrooms are vaulted or not? (the flex space was supposed to be my art studio, but we're already way over on sq ft. Dh really doesn't want more than 3000. I told him we could refinish that space later, but he said it makes more sense to do it now (as far as the basics, drywall, electrical, then finishes can wait).

Basically this plan seems like it doesn't utilizes space very well and it also seems too boxy for my taste. I'd like something wider and not as deep in the middle. Does any of this make sense?

Summerfield or anyone else, I'd love some feedback please!

thanks in advance. I can already tell this is going to be a really long process (and I've already been looking at plans for 4 years now before finally deciding to hire someone!)

Comments (17)